Patient and Family Centered Care
We are currently looking for people to serve as Patient and Family Centered Care Advisors.
Patient and Family Centered Care is a partnership with patients and families to ensure that the highest quality care is provided.
In this partnership, patients, family members, & community members help us improve the health care experience by shaping policies, programs, facility design, and daily interactions.
Who can be an advisor?
A patient, family member or community member who would like to volunteer his/her time.
What are the qualities of an advisor?
- Recognizes that each patient and family is unique
- Willingness to work with others
- Supportive of an environment that fosters open, honest communication
- Listens well
- Collaborates on solutions
- Displays a desire to improve the patient experience
- Willingness to share experiences in a productive way
How do advisors partner?
- Serve on the Patient Family Advisory Council
- Serve on short-term workgroups with a specific task such as redesign of signage
- Assist with development and/or review of education materials
- Share healthcare experiences with others
What is a Patient Family Advisory Council?
Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is comprised of patients, family members, community members, and hospital staff. Members serve a two year term and participate in monthly meetings to accomplish the following goals:
- Provide supportive channels of communication between patients, families and hospital staff
- Provide input and feedback on delivery of services for patients and their families
- Review issues referred to the Patient Family Advisory Council and provide recommendations
- Provide input and participate in education of hospital staff
- Educate families in health care issues
- Provide input regarding program development
- Assist in planning for new facilities and services
What is the process for becoming an advisor?
- Complete application available at here or by contacting Kathy Pompei at 724-223-3428 or Sandra Hlipala at 724-223-3889
- Participate in an interview
- Complete the orientation program, if selected