Quality and Patient Safety
There are no more important considerations when choosing a healthcare provider than the quality and safety of the care that is provided. Many factors should be assessed, including such things as accreditation, infection control practices, performance on evidence-based processes, outcomes, and patient satisfaction.
Washington Health System Washington Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission. Please click on the link below to access their most current report about the hospital – a compilation of the most important aspects of quality of care and patient safety. The report also compares the hospital's results with both state and national standards.
Listed below are links to other websites that compare our quality and safety to hospitals across the state and the country.
Awards and Recognition
- For 2012, Washington Health System Washington Hospital was one of only 791 hospitals nationally to be awarded an "A" rating for patient safety from the Leapfrog Group, an independent nonprofit run by national employers and purchasers of health insurance.
- In 2012, Washington Health System Washington Hospital obtained disease-specific certification from the Joint Commission for spine surgery, primary stroke care and hip and knee replacement.
- The American Stroke Association awarded Washington Health System Washington Hospital the Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award in 2012 for having achieved excellent outcomes for stroke patients.
- Blue Health Intelligence recognized Washington Health System Washington Hospital in 2012 as one of the best hospitals in the country for obstetrical care, based on low complication rates and high quality safety results.
- Becker's Hospital Review rated Washington Health System Washington Hospital as a Top 100 Hospital in the nation with Great Orthopedic Programs for 2012.
- In 2012, the American College of Radiology accredited all of the hospital’s radiology sites and treatment modalities
- In 2012, The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) recently recognized the Family Medicine Residency Program at Washington Health System Washington Hospital for its diabetes and patient centered medical home programs.
- In 2012, Washington Health System Washington Hospital received the Distinction Award from the American Heart Association for its Community Training Center for Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Cigna has recognized eight Centers of Excellence at Washington Health System Washington Hospital in 2012- Cardiac Pacemaker Implant, Colon Surgery, Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, Elective Cardiac Medical Procedures, General Medical Cardiac Care, Heart Valve Replacement, Stroke Care and Vaginal Delivery.
- United Healthcare recently awarded Washington Health System Washington Hospital a Gold Star bonus payment for reduction in infectious disease cases.
If you have questions about Quality of Care or Patient Safety at Washington Health System Washington Hospital, please click the link below.