Quality and Patient Safety
There are no more important considerations when choosing a healthcare provider than the quality and safety of the care that is provided. Many factors should be assessed, including such things as accreditation, infection control practices, performance on evidence-based processes, outcomes, and patient satisfaction.
Washington Health System Washington Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission. Please click on the link below to access their most current report about the hospital – a compilation of the most important aspects of quality of care and patient safety. The report also compares the hospital's results with both state and national standards.
Listed below are links to other websites that compare our quality and safety to hospitals across the state and the country.
Awards and Recognition
- Washington Health System was awarded three year accreditation by the Joint Commission in November 2013.
- The American Stroke Association awarded The Washington Hospital the Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award in 2012 and 2013 for having achieved excellent outcomes for stroke patients.
- Washington Health System obtained disease-specific certification from the Joint Commission for spine surgery, primary stroke care and hip and knee replacement in 2012 and primary stroke recertification early in 2014. Hip and knee replacement and spine surgery reviews will be completed later in 2014.
- In 2014, WHS received the American Heart Association Bronze Plus Quality Achievement Award for treatment of patients suffering severe heart attacks, known as STEMI (ST segment myocardial infarction).
- The Washington Hospital was one of only 791 hospitals nationally to be recently awarded an “A” rating for patient safety from the Leapfrog Group, an independent nonprofit run by national employers and purchasers of health insurance.
- United Healthcare recently awarded Washington Health System a Gold Star bonus payment for reduction in hospital acquired infections.
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) recently recognized the Family Medicine Residency Program at The Washington Hospital for its diabetes and patient centered medical home programs.
- In 2012, The Washington Hospital received the Distinction Award from the American Heart Association for its Community Training Center for Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Cigna has recognized eight Centers of Excellence at The Washington Hospital in 2012- Cardiac Pacemaker Implant, Colon Surgery, Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, Elective Cardiac Medical Procedures, General Medical Cardiac Care, Heart Valve Replacement, Stroke Care and Vaginal Delivery.
- Becker’s Hospital Review rated The Washington Hospital as one of their 100 Hospitals in the nation with Great Orthopedic Programs for 2012.
If you have questions about Quality of Care or Patient Safety at Washington Health System Washington Hospital, please click the link below.