Dr. John E. Frazier, II honored at the 2012 Evening of Recognition
The Washington Hospital Foundation held their annual Evening of Recognitionat Destiny Hill Farm on Thursday, September 13th. This year, the Foundation presented Dr. John E. Frazier, II, the 2012 Distinguished Service Award for his generosity and long-term support of The Washington Hospital.
Among his outstanding achievements at The Washington Hospital, Dr. Frazier was instrumental in establishing the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Open Heart Surgery Program at the hospital during the early 1990’s. Dr. Frazier served as Chief of Cardiology at The Washington Hospital from 1977 until 2011. He has served as a member of The WashingtonHospital Board of Trustees and currently serves on The Washington Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. Dr. Frazier has generously supported The Washington Hospital throughout the years; contributing to many capital campaigns as well as the creation of Donnell House.
Dr. Frazier is also very involved in the community. Since 1986, he has served as Chairman of the Board of Frazier-Simplex. He has also been a Trustee of Washington & Jefferson College for almost 30 years.
The Evening of Recognition is held annually to thank donors who have supported The Washington Hospital with gifts of $500 and above over the past fiscal year.
The Washington Hospital donors are recognized in the following ways:
The 1897 Society
The 1897 Society members will be recognized on the new Donor Recognition Plaque within the hospital, as well as in The Washington Hospital Donor Report. Members are also invited to the Annual Evening of Recognition and other exclusive events through the year.
The Washington Hospital Donor Report recognizes annual gifts of $100 or more.
The Orchard Society members, who make annual gifts of $250 or more, will be recognized on the new Donor Recognition Plaque within the hospital.
A private Annual Evening of Recognition is held for donors of $500 or more. An individual or special group may be honored at the donor reception for their philanthropy and commitment to The Washington Hospital.
Commemorative Gifts of all sizes to the Hospital or Hospice Care are made in honor of someone on a special occasion or as a memorial to someone who has passed away. Acknowledgments are sent to the family or loved one as appropriate.
Hospice Care memorial donors are recognized in the semi-annual Hospice Care newsletter, The Journey. All others are recognized in The Washington Hospital’s Donor Report.
The Tree of Life is a beautiful bronze tree located in the Hospital’s main lobby. It is a special way to commemorate a loved one and support the Hospital. Each leaf or stone bears the name(s) of the honoree as specified by the donor.
The Legacy Library, a commemorative giving recognition piece for donations to Hospice Care, is a painted mural of books with plaques, made to look like the book spines, bearing the names of individuals touched by Hospice Care. The library is located on the first floor of Donnell House.
The Commemorative Garden, located in front of Donnell House, is paved with bricks inscribed with the names of donors and loved ones who have received Hospice Care services.
Donor Plaques are located throughout the Hospital as naming opportunities for the donors of major gifts (e.g., an operating suite, patient unit, waiting area, patient room, etc.)