- The hospital allows a family member, friend, or other individual to be present with the patient for emotional support during the course of the stay.
- Washington Health System Washington Hospital embraces a philosophy of open and flexible patient visitation that welcomes and encourages family/significant other’s involvement in patient care.
- General patient visiting hours will be permitted twenty-four hours a day.
- Children under the age of twelve may visit and must be supervised by an adult visitor at all times.
- Individual patient preferences regarding the visitation of families/significant others and friends will be honored at all times.
Visiting hours for specific patient care areas are listed below. Exceptions will be considered on an individual basis according to patient and family needs.
ADULT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH UNIT (3A)
Two visitors per patient are permitted.
7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
ACUTE REHABILITATION UNIT (ARU)
4 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday through Friday
10 a.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
LABOR AND DELIVERY ROOM
Three (3) visitors per patient during labor and delivery at the discretion of the LDR nurses and physicians.
Only one (1) person present for cesarean deliveries
Visitors must be at least 14 years of age.
All individuals entering the hospital from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. must enter through the Emergency Department.
Visitors are encouraged to park on the top two levels of the parking garage.
Tokens to exit from the garage may be purchased at machines directly inside the doors leading from the garage to the hospital on all levels or in the Hospital Coffee Shop.
Metered parking operated by the City of Washington is available on the streets adjacent to the hospital.