- Graduation from an approved secondary school or validation of a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- • Applicants must show they have completed work equal to a standard high school course, including four units of English, three units of Social Studies, two units of Mathematics (one of which is Algebra), and two units of Science with a related laboratory
- Official college transcripts documenting a grade of “C” or better in:
- English Composition
- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Sociology
- Human Anatomy (or Anatomy & Physiology I)*
- Human Physiology (or Anatomy & Physiology II)*
* Science credits must have been completed within the past five years.
- A pre-admission exam selected by the school. The pre-admission exam may be taken no more than two times in an academic year.
II. Health Record:
- The applicant must demonstrate physical and mental health necessary to meet the expectations of the program. The Employee Health Service (EHS) reviews each applicant’s completed health record, which includes health history, physical examination, urine screening, and immunization record. The EHS reserves the right to make recommendations to the School of Nursing regarding admission. III. Background Check:
III. Background Check:
In compliance with Pennsylvania Acts 33 and 34 and policies of The Washington Hospital Human Resources Department, the applicant must complete the following:
- PA State Criminal Record Check
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA Department of Public Welfare FBI Fingerprint-Based Background Check
Original documents must be received and submitted to The School of Nursing Financial Aid and Admissions Office prior to the first day of classes.
Note: The School of Nursing reserves the right to require such additional information, examinations, or measures of eligibility as may be prescribed by the faculty. Application documents will be held for two years.