LPN Transition Experience:
The LPN Transition Experience provides qualified LPNs with the opportunity to complete the RN program in only three semesters following successful completion of the requirements.
LPN Transition Experience Admission Requirements:
The applicant must meet the following requirements for admission to the LPN Transition Experience:
- All basic admission requirements as documented in the Washington Health System School of Nursing Bulletin [Official transcripts must document completion of a State Board approved/Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited LPN program].
- Copy of current licensure as a LPN.
- Proof of graduation or a minimum of 1 year practical experience documented on the Employment Verification Form within 1 year of application.
- Declaration of Intent
- Washington Health System School of Nursing Application for Admission and application fee.
After acceptance into the LPN Transition Experience the student must submit the following in order to qualify:
- Official college transcripts documenting a grade of “C” or better in:
- Human Anatomy with Lab or Anatomy and Physiology I
- Human Physiology with Lab or Anatomy and Physiology II
- English Composition
- Developmental Psychology
- Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- Current CPR certification (American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Course.)
- Drug screening.
- Interval health history and Tuberculin skin test (PPD).
Provisional acceptance can be granted for those successfully completing the above requirements prior to the start of Nursing 100.
Applicants must complete a theory challenge according to the following guidelines:
- Achieve a decision score of 65 or above on the National League for Nursing (NLN) Nursing Acceleration Challenge Exam (NACE) I PN-RN - Foundations.
- The NLN NACE I may be retaken one time.
The applicant must:
- 1. Achieve a score of 77% or better on the Nursing 100 Math Exam. Those achieving less than 77% will be required to complete a Nursing 100 ATI Math Module (Dosage and Calculations).
The applicant will have access to:
- Nursing 100 Course Outlines.
- Nursing 100 Class Schedules to enable the student to audit any class.
- Textbooks from a lending library or for purchase.
The Theory Challenge may be taken at any time during the admission process. This will allow the LPN the opportunity to either continue with the process or revert to the generic student status, based on the decision score received.
The clinical component will be completed by those who have successfully achieved the Theory Requirements.
Applicants must complete the following pre-clinical requirements:
- Instruction and testing for the Washington Health System Washington Hospital Information Systems (IS) modules.
- Skills Laboratory Experience –
- Based on the applicant’s skill level determined by the Washington Health System Skills Checklist for the Transitioning LPN, Transfer, and Readmission Student. Applicant may be required to attend selected skills lab sessions during Nursing 100.
Application Fee........... $50
NLN NACE................... $75
LPN Transition Fee......$100
Additional Fees (required books) $500 (approximate)
Student Uniforms........ $150 (approximate)
*All fees subject to change.
The NLN NACE fee is due prior to the scheduled test date. The LPN Transition fee is due prior to the beginning of the clinical component.