Social Behavioral Services
Behavioral Services are provided at CTC by licensed behavioral health therapists, including social workers and psychologists. An initial evaluation is completed for all children/families to determine the child’s specific needs.
Types of therapy available includes:
- Individual therapy–a one-on-one interaction between the therapist and the child and/or the parent(s)/guardian(s) to enhance problem-solving and coping abilities. The therapist identifies the problems to be addressed and works on formulating goals. Sessions vary from 30 to 50 minutes.
- Family therapy, which closely involves the family unit. Together the therapist and the family decide how the sessions are structured. The issues are addressed by the family as a whole.
- Group and Play Therapy is done through art, play, and talking in groups or individually. As the child interacts with the therapist or with peers, the therapist redirects the play to more appropriate behavior.
- Children eligible for Medical Assistance with a documented need for Behavioral Health Services as prescribed by a licensed psychologist can be evaluated to determine eligibility for Wraparound Services in the home.
- Educational testing consists of a series of tests administered to determine the child’s present level.