Washington Health System Emergency Care Center
Washington Health System E. Ronald and Constance Salvitti Emergency Care Center is one of the busiest emergency departments in southwestern Pennsylvania. We provide emergency medical care 24 hours a day, seven days a week to more than 43,000 patients each year. Approximately 70 percent of the hospital’s 16,000 annual admissions originate in the emergency department.
Our 24,000-square-foot emergency department is modern and spacious, with:
- 34 treatment rooms with state-of-the-art monitoring capabilities
- A five-bed Express Care treatment area
- Three isolation rooms with the capability to expand to a 10-bed isolation treatment area
- Two dedicated radiology suites with cutting-edge digital X-ray equipment
- Dedicated ultrasound equipment and room
- Board-certified Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
- A full complement of on-call specialists
- A base for STAT Medivac to provide rapid transport for traumas and critically ill patients
- A separate waiting area for children, to help decrease their anxiety
- A Safe Haven, a place to protect newborns who might otherwise be abandoned or harmed
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner program
Upon arrival to the Emergency Department, the patient is greeted and a rapid assessment is completed by a nurse. The patient is then taken to a treatment room, where he or she will be registered at the bedside.
Our goal is to provide competent, compassionate care in as timely a manner as possible. Critical patients, however, are always given first priority.
Depending on the nature of your problem, you may be sent to Express Care, which treats patients with less serious conditions. The Express Care staff is part of the Emergency Department and will treat you with the same quality of care.
Express care services are also available at UPMC Urgent Care with Washington Health System. Located at Krebs Center in McMurray, Urgent Care is open daily, including holidays, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., with no appointment necessary. Click here for more information on Urgent Care.